The Art of Jewels is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. We collect customer information to improve your shopping experience and to keep you informed about products, services, and promotions that may be of interest to you. The Art of Jewels also uses this information to fulfill your order. We fully understand the importance of using this information in a responsible manner. Therefore, we do not sell or share the information you provide with anyone outside of the company.
What we Collect & Provide by You
We collect the information you provide directly via our check out process, including when you register an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase, participate in a contest, survey, or other promotion (“Promotion”), contact customer support, or apply for a job. We may use third-party Service Providers to collect this information.
The information we collect includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- We collect your first and last name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- We collect passwords and more information for authentication and account access.
- We collect demographic information including your gender, age, and country.
- We collect any data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the CVV code associated with your payment instrument.
- We collect your interests, favorites, wish lists, ring size preferences, and other profile data.
- We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide to customer support. For example, if you contact a customer service representative or jewelry consultant and provide information to the consultant or submit a request through our Service, we will use your information to respond to your request and to provide you with additional information that we believe may be helpful to you. We may also collect content such as photos, videos or other content that you submit to us.
- We collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, including your employment history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Which Information We Collected Automatic
The Art Of Jewels automatically collects information about your device and how your device interacts with our Service. We may use Third Party Service Providers to collect this information. Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- We collect data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the e-mails and advertisements you view, the products you purchase, the time of day you browse, your referring and exiting pages, and other similar information.
- We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information.
- The Art of Jewels collects your IP address and other device identifiers, including your MAC address and mobile advertising identifiers. We collect this data for various purposes, including to assess, diagnose problems, and improve functioning of our Service, servers, and hosting providers as well as to analyze trends and traffic patterns, gather demographic information, track the date, time, and duration of each session within our website, prevent fraud, and customize our services and advertisements.
- We collect data about your device’s location, which can be precise (such as latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users' movements around our site and understand trends.
- Operational: Cookies are essential in order for you to use our Service, such as our shopping bag, as well as to access password-protected areas, such as your personal account.
- Analytics and Performance: Cookies collect information about how you use our Service and remember the choices you make (such as your language or location) to provide enhanced performance and more personalized experience.
- Cookies allow us to gather information on how our Service is being used so that we can provide content that is relevant to you.
- Cookies allow users to share our pages and content to third-party social networking sites.
- The Art Of Jewels also uses electronic images known as web beacons ( known as pixels) on the Service. When you access a website, video, e-mail, or advertisement that contains a pixel, the pixel may permit us or a third party to drop or read cookies on your browser. Pixels are used in combination with cookies to track activity by a particular browser on a particular device. We may incorporate pixels from third parties that allow us to track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Service, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Service with your social media account.
- Location-aware technologies may be used to collect precise location data when you enable location-based services through your device. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third Party Services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third-Party Services.
Information From Other Sources
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you reference our Service or grant permission to The Art of Jewels to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Advertising partners.
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
How Do We Use of Information?
We use information about you for our legitimate interests, including to:
- Manage our Service, including your registration, account, and transactions.
- Perform services requested by you, such as to process and fulfill your order, to respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, including suspected fraud.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities.
- Conduct internal research on our users' demographics, interests, behavior.
- Improve our marketing and promotional efforts, Service content and product, and service offerings.
- Develop and send you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our and third party products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
We also use information about you with your consent, including to:
Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with Promotions you have entered.
Serve advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and Third-Party Services.
Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law.
The Art of Jewels does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). In the event that The Art of Jewels ever does so, we will strictly comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or guardian and believe The Art of Jewels has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below, and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
Who Do We Share Your Information?
We share your information as follows:
- Service Providers. We share your information with third-party agents, contractors, vendors, and other service providers in connection with their work on our behalf (collectively “Service Providers”). For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. Examples of other third parties that we may share your information with include: web hosting companies, fulfillment companies ( companies that fulfill product orders), loose diamond suppliers, jewelers, assemblers, data analysis firms, affiliates, third party consulting or marketing firms, and e-mail service providers. Additionally, if you use a credit card or other financing alternative to place an order with The Art of Jewels, we will use a third-party payment processor to process your information in association with the transaction. We may also may share information with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction. These third parties only receive your information if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use such information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by The Art of Jewels. We only provide third-parties with the minimum amount of information necessary to complete the requested service, product or transaction. Notwithstanding the above, we may permit our Service Providers to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
- Business Partners: We may share your information with our business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities. For example, we may share information about you with a business partner for purposes of providing you with a jewelry insurance policy, a jewelry repair warranty insurance etc.
- Special Events: If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a Promotion), The Art of Jewels may share your information with those organizations participating in the applicable event. Typically, these third parties do not use your information for any other purpose other than to manage the event. In some cases, these third-party partners may send you promotional materials regarding their products and services. In these cases, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out, and not have your information shared with that third-party partner. By entering a Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Feedback, Testimonials and User-Provided Content. If you provide feedback or testimonials on the Service or on The Art of Jewels products or services or provide other User-Provided Content (such as photos or videos), we may post and share this feedback, testimonial or other User-Provided Content, including your information, on the Service, with third-party partners, or in marketing and promotional materials. We may, by our sole discretion, edit feedback, testimonials or User-Provided Content for length and content.
- Third Parties. We may share your information with third parties for purposes of facilitating your requests (such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Service) and in connection with tailoring advertisements, measuring and improving our Service and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements.
- Business Transfer. Your information may be disclosed as part of, or in connection with, any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which information would be transferred as one of the business assets of The Art of Jewels.
- Security, Compliance with Law, and Fraud Protection. We may disclose your information as we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We also may share your information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, including suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security, and safety of us, the Service or any third party.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Liking and Sharing. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on your The Art of Jewels account through, Third Party Services, including social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to engage with such a Third Party Service through our Service, we may collect any information you have authorized the Third Party Service to share with us (such as your user ID, billing information, public profile information, e-mail address, birthday, friends list, and other account and profile data). Likewise, if you choose to engage with such a Third Party Service through our Service or visit our Service while logged in to that Third Party Service on your device, the Third Party Service may receive information about your activities on our Service and be able to associate that information with information the Third Party Service already has about you.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Our Service contains Tracking Technologies owned and operated by Third Parties. For example, we use Tracking Technologies from third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. We also work with ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Service and/or on Third-Party Services. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and Third Party Services (including in e-mails and advertisements) to track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and Third Party Services or third party devices after you have left the Service (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We may serve ads on Third Party Services, such as Facebook and Google, which are targeted to reach people (or similar people) on those services that have visited our Service or that are also identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by matching common factors between our data and the data of Third Party Services. If we use Facebook Custom Audiences to serve Matched Ads on Facebook services, you should be able to hover over the box in the right corner of such a Facebook ad and find out how to opt-out. We are not responsible for such Third Party Services’ failure to comply with your opt-out instructions.
Your Rights and Choices
Review and Update of Account Information
You may access, update, or remove certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Service. If you would like to update or revise the information in your account, you may do so through your account or by contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. California residents have additional rights as set forth in the sections entitled “Your California Privacy Rights” “TRACKING TECHNOLOGY CHOICES"
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to the online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the Service in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit for website opt-out, aboutads.info/choices. In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit networkadvertising.org/choices/. If you are in the EU, please also visit the EU online choices page at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. Please note that if you opt-out of online behavioral advertising using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads ( from other ad networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a customer in California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from The Art Of Jewels regarding the manner in which The Art Of Jewels shares certain categories of personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” with third parties and/or affiliates for their own direct marketing purposes. To receive this information, send us a request at the address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that The Art Of Jewels may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service and posted content or information on the Service, can request that such information be removed from the Service by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from the prospective public view.
To opt-out of receiving e-mail promotions from The Art Of Jewels, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in our promotional e-mail correspondence or contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that opting out of promotional e-mails received from The Art Of Jewels does not affect our non-promotional communications with you, including those related to your account, orders placed with The Art Of Jewels, or our ongoing business relations.
The security of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we exercise great care in providing the secure transmission of all financial information from your computer to our server using industry-standard encryption software. Authorized employees are the only ones allowed to access this information. Any employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
Despite the measures we take, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and The Art of Jewels cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
We may modify this policy from time to time and will post any changes where applicable. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact the legal department by calling 1-415-391-0152 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Last Note
By law, The Art of Jewels must disclose individual personal information if subpoenaed or ordered by a court of law.
By email: email@example.com
By mail: The Art of Jewels and Fine Art LLC, Attn: Legal / Privacy 833 Market Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA